Like most people, I can be a contradiction in terms depending on how good/bad my hair looks, my cat-like moods, and if my stomach is growling or not. So how can I possibly describe myself except for this way:
At times, smart and sharp, but other times the edges of my brain appear dull and confused by camera settings, computery words, and maps. Practical and romantical. Likes to talk about food and gardening and life, laughs at own jokes, is twisted in a sincere way. Wants to connect with people and likes to be alone. Silly. Serious. Sillerious. Attracted to good grammar. Seeking relationship based on friendship, laughter, commu – Gets easily sidetracked.
Superpowers: empathy, humor, ability to connect (when I feel like it).
What I Blog About: Everything and nothing. My thoughts and views in this moment in time. Don’t be surprised if I suddenly decide to post a recipe for s’mores. Argh! Now I’m hungry for…popcorn. Always popcorn.
Current activities (as of 1.2017):
– I’ve stopped eating popcorn. Just kidding. I can’t quit you, Popcorn.
– Made a resolution to start making bread this year. I can’t quit you, either, Carbs.
– The hamster wheels in my head are turning: How can I expand more fully into my current life and into the future?
– Dealing with aging parents.
– Trying to figure out how to get back into doing stained glass and mosaics (a specific kind of space is needed…the kind I don’t currently have).
– Riverdancing my way into my skinny jeans. Need to rethink my diet and fitness plan. I think much better with a glass of wine and some charcuterie, so…
– Exploring the idea of going to Ireland in 2017.
– Noticing that when my stomach growls, it sounds like two frogs fighting.
– Learning. Always learning.
– Matching what I love on the inside with what I do on the outside.
– I finally uploaded a new ‘About’ photo. I have my brother to thank for this. He’s probably the only one who could put up with my lack of skill set when it comes to having my photo taken. I don’t know how to act naturally in front of a camera:
Bro: Maybe walk up the hill…
Me: How do I walk? Do I move my arms like this? Or more like this??
…later, while looking over the photos…
Bro: Maybe I should have had you stand still.
Personal goals for 2017: Follow the pull, approach with curiosity, and move through life with loving-kindness and an open heart. And eat as much popcorn as humanly possible.
Personal lifetime goal: “I don’t have to try and be. I am.”